Our Career Paths and Courses Website Is Now Live
Learn.Modern Developer Launched
Table of Contents
- Our Career Paths and Courses Website Is Now Live
- What You will Learn
- Receive Updates
- Be Empowered
- Resources for the Two Study Guides
- Weeks 1 and 2 (Introduction, Data Types, Expressions, and Operators
- Weeks 3 and 4 (Objects, Arrays, Functions, DOM, jQuery)
- Your First Project—A Dynamic Quiz
- Weeks 5 and 6 (Regular Expressions, Window Object, Events, jQuery)
- Weeks 7 and, if necessary 8 (Classes, Inheritance, more HTML5)
- Continue Improving
- Words of Encouragement
What You will Learn
Resources for the Two Study Guides
I have outlined two different study guides below, one for beginners and one for experienced web developers.
- Sign up for an account on Stack Overflow (a FREE service). It is a forum for asking and answering programming questions. This website will be considerably more useful than Codecademy for answering your programming questions, even very basic, seemingly stupid (remember, there is never a stupid question) questions.
- Sign up for an account on Codecademy. We will complete 4 Codecademy tracks. Codecademy is an online platform to learn programming: you can write code on their website, right in your browser. (It is also a FREE service.)
- CodeSchool.com: We will complete 1 free course
Alternatively, if you want to develop complete applications, that is, the front-end and the backend, learn Meteor.js properly.
- Learn Node.js Completely and With Confidence
Words of Encouragement
Remember to dig deep and don’t get frustrated; just carry on and stick with the task until you figure it out, for a worthwhile reward awaits you when you triumph in the end: programming is fun, liberating, and lucrative. The ecstasy one gets from building an application is a powerful feeling that you must experience to understand. Even more satisfying, however, is the empowerment you experience when you realize you have attained the skill and knowledge to build applications from scratch, to change the world with any idea you dream up.
The moment will come when you realize that all the difficulties you endured were worth while. Just as the millions before you have triumphed, so too, you will vanquish the toughest bugs, master the incomprehensible topics, and overcome the seemingly impossible tasks.
Feel free to share your links with us below when you build something, even if it is a tiny, itsy-bitsy project.